Jotun paints

Bee

Featured Posts

Bee is coming out of the water sometime this summer, time to grovel about under 12 tons of boat propped up on bricks and old gas bottles. I will probably be using Jotun 90 but before I fork out cash on the stuff has anybody got any comments - good or bad - on their experiences with Jotun. Thanks

I used jotamastic 90 a couple of years ago, cannot comment on the longevity yet but theres no sign of rust on the waterline or coming off in clumps so it looks good so far.

prep was with the powerful jet wash at Northwich, I used winter grade as I concluded reading the data sheet 1 week in dry dock wasn’t long enough for summer grade to cure, however that means it starts to harden after about 45 mins to an hour after mixing so I was mixing in small quantities rather than just lobbing the whole tub of hardener into the paint.

plan to dry dock summer next year (anderton boat lift permitting) to see how it’s gone, hopefully not going to come off in massive clumps when it gets washed.

also after a while the paint starts to go grey so if you want a jet black hull then I recommend a show coat.