Ruston VSH oil filter updated Product

nbsanssouci

Featured Posts

Juts a little idea for Ruston owners to save a little trouble during servicing.

For many years now I have changed the felt strainer type oil filter on my 3VSH , its a messy business at the best of times even with care. I discovered that the unit can be replaced by a spin on type which is easily bolted onto the engine block . Its a relatively easy task to make up new 1/4 inch copper pipes using the oil banjo fittings silver soldered onto the new pipe.  One pipe feeds direct from the oil rail feeding the main bearings and the other end deposits the filtered oil back into the sump via the crank case. This enables the filter can be spun off and replaced by a modern type with minimum mess and quickly. These are available on EBAY listed as for Lister CS stationary engine. They are made in India but good quality. The Ruston oil filter is a by pass type rather than a full flow in line type and I have run with this filter now for several seasons with no trouble. Hope this tip helps someone.

lister cs oil filter.jpg