Jabsco impelor

Jacq

Featured Posts

Just about to fit a new impelor on my Jabsco mechanical, engine coolant pump, instructions state you need a special tool to remove impelor.

Does anyone know if it can be done without the special tool ? Cheers.

Just about to fit a new impelor on my Jabsco mechanical, engine coolant pump, instructions state you need a special tool to remove impelor.

Ollocks! I know they say that.

Depending upon location a couple of pozi screwdrives gently pivoting on the edge of the body has not yet failed to shift one for me. Just take care that you do not do too much damage at the pivot point.

Sometimes a piat of pin nosed pliers will do a slong a syou are changing the impellor. TRhe only thing to watch is that soem impellors are driven by a screw through teh shaft and soem of those need the whole sshaft moving bcak to get at the screw - ones woih a pully I think.

If you have not been given a pack of rubber grease give it a squirt of washing up liquid before fitting the cover so it has some lubricant whilst it draws up the water.

I never had any problems getting the impellor out on our Jabsco. I used a pair of grips gently to ease it out.

P.S. I'll have a pint of whatever you are drinking Tony :rolleyes:

Edited by Guest

As long as you dont wreck the housing then no. You are changing the impellor.

Why are you changing the impellor?

Thanks, I will inspect the impeler tomorrow, and let you know how i get on.

I think what Tony was saying was that some types have a screw to locate the impeller on the shaft, obviously this must be removed before you can pull the impeller off.. Small flat bladed screwdriver, longer the better.

I think what Tony was saying was that some types have a screw to locate the impeller on the shaft, obviously this must be removed before you can pull the impeller off.. Small flat bladed screwdriver, longer the better.

Impeller came off very easily , using 2 flat screw drivers.

Certanly no need for special tools. Thanks for all the advice.