Ruston Hornsby engine (help needed please)

The Rose

Featured Posts

OK: Update on my cooling issues: Since fitting the isolation valves to the calorifier (thus taking it out of circulation), my cooling problems have been 100% resolved. I recently moved the boat 8 hours from one marina to another and she never got above 80 degrees (engine ran constantly for the whole period). And for the first time in my ownership, the header tank did not require a top-up. 

Many thanks to you all for your advice on this and special thanks to Phil at Longboat Engineering who really knows his stuff when it comes to Ruston Hornsby engines and for the full set of coolant pipes he sent me for just over £90. 

My boat is now out of water for the next few months to get freshly blacked and tarted up and the good news: the hull is in amazing condition- not bad for a boat pushing 40 years of age- a real credit to the builder: Doug Moore (RIP). 

• 9 months later...