Moorings near to Lincoln

nbvoyager

Featured Posts

Dear All

My wife is starting at Uni in Lincoln next September.We are currently continuous cruisers but will need a residential mooring for maybe 3 years.Do not really want to go the BW tendering route :P Does anyone know of anything `private` on the Fossdyke or the Witham? either available now or maybe in the near future

Thanks

Paul

I think you will be VERY lucky to find any moorings near Lincoln, sorry.

We asked about Campus Way when we were looking, but they had a 2 year waiting list, and this was 3 years ago!

The Brayford has loads of new residential moorings, but a lot of people we know there have moved as the price had a +200% increase.

There is always Burton waters but I've heard they are very expensive too, in fact I heard it's the same chap that's taken over the Brayford Pool.

A few of the pubs on the Witham do winter moorings, but not permanent.

If we hear of anything else though we'll let you know.

Sam

Not sure if there are is any available space left, but the visitor moorings at Bardney are used as winter moorings, and allow liveaboards. Worth inquiring. Can be there until next April.
Thanks very much for that,will enquire therePaul
Might be worth your while giving The White Horse at Southery a ring - he has winter moorings on floating pontoons but I don't know if any are free right now
Cheers Bazza for that,will give them a try alsoPaul
I think you will be VERY lucky to find any moorings near Lincoln, sorry.We asked about Campus Way when we were looking, but they had a 2 year waiting list, and this was 3 years ago!The Brayford has loads of new residential moorings, but a lot of people we know there have moved as the price had a +200% increase.There is always Burton waters but I've heard they are very expensive too, in fact I heard it's the same chap that's taken over the Brayford Pool.A few of the pubs on the Witham do winter moorings, but not permanent.If we hear of anything else though we'll let you know.Sam
Dear SamThanks for that.Do you happen to know the contact details for Brayford(just in case we come up on Lotto !!)Paul