Ernie - 'Ten Bob Note'

Supermalc

Featured Posts

Congratulations on writing a great blog, which I thoroughly enjoyed reading for an hour this morning. Really good quality pictures, well taken. They show off our waterways in the best possible way, making them the most delighful parts of our country.

Your boat also looks good; kind of stands out in the crowd, without being different if you know what I mean.

I think I've mentioned it before, but I know pram hoods are becoming common, and for all the right reasons in my opinion. But I would have thought by now, with the high price of narrowboats, someone would have come up with something a bit more modern, and convenient.........a folding hard top, like many cars have for instance.

Now I know narrowboating is by it's nature old fashioned, and not 'open to change' .... part of our heritage, and I fullly agree with that, however there is also such a thing as progress.

Being as so many people are now taking up living on the waterways in narrowboats, surely someone can come up with something asthetecally pleasing, and practical.

Congratulations on writing a great blog, which I thoroughly enjoyed reading for an hour this morning. Really good quality pictures, well taken. They show off our waterways in the best possible way, making them the most delighful parts of our country.

Your boat also looks good; kind of stands out in the crowd, without being different if you know what I mean.

I think I've mentioned it before, but I know pram hoods are becoming common, and for all the right reasons in my opinion. But I would have thought by now, with the high price of narrowboats, someone would have come up with something a bit more modern, and convenient.........a folding hard top, like many cars have for instance.

Now I know narrowboating is by it's nature old fashioned, and not 'open to change' .... part of our heritage, and I fullly agree with that, however there is also such a thing as progress.

Being as so many people are now taking up living on the waterways in narrowboats, surely someone can come up with something asthetecally pleasing, and practical.

Hi Malc,

Thanks for the kind comments about the web site.

I am not a great fan of pram hoods but am very pleased that we now have one. We use it mostly as a room to change boots and wet cloths in after walking the dogs etc. Came in very handy over the last couple of days as the weather has been damp and miserable down here at Hemel Hempstead (stuck here for another week due to broken lock gate at lock 60 on the GU).