Is It Me

KenK

Featured Posts

To quote a well known radio 2 presenter "Is it me". It seems every time I click on the Narrowboatworld website there is another complaint about this forum. This one is even better or should it be worse than Victor's.

Deaths threats silenced boater

BOATER Andy Edwards was so worried about death threats after complaining on a forum about the boaters who boast of refusing to licence their boats and bridge hopping, that he instructed the owner of Canalworld Forum to remove his published particulars from the site, remarking:

"Since receiving the death threats from this forum some time back over expressing my views on unlicenced vessels, I have significantly lessened my contribution and monitored the threads without participating. It has been interesting and extremely clear that the type of 'boaters' now dominating this forum are those with little or no interest in the boating package and would rather spend their time bashing British Waterways or expressing extreme views that do little but betray their motives for boating as a cheap floating house."

He went on to remark that he was astounded by the number of people who openly admit and support such ideas as bridge hopping, owning unlicenced boats and finding 'loop-holes' in the law.

He pointed out that the forum was not a community he wished to be a part of, and believes the opinion is shared that this forum is fast loosing its way as a boating forum due to the fact that almost every post ends in slating opinions to a personal level or openly advocating flouting British Waterways.

Personally I've never heard of Andy Edwards but I do think he needs to get a life, if he's that worried about members on this forum why publish the above on the internet. I know that some discussions can get heated, who mentioned electricity, but the last paragraph is nonsense.

Finally can the potential killers indicate the same in their posts in future so that due respect can be paid. :D

Ken