Best Long Term Woodburner

TimRatRace

Featured Posts

We are just about to fit out a 62 foot traditional narrow boat which will be geared up for long term rental cruising. The existing burner is about 13 years old but showing some nasty cracks and the glass front is cracked, so rather than mess around with sticky tape and glue we are going to put a new one in. The one there at the moment runs a couple of radiators for central heating, so I understand it needs a back boiler to any burner we buy.

Squirells have been mentioned and recommended by High Line at Iver..........thoughts please? As many different opinions as possible!

We would rather spend more money now for a better long term plan for the boat!

Edited by TimRatRace

We are just about to fit out a 62 foot traditional narrow boat which will be geared up for long term rental cruising. The existing burner is about 13 years old but showing some nasty cracks and the glass front is cracked, so rather than mess around with sticky tape and glue we are going to put a new one in. The one there at the moment runs a couple of radiators for central heating, so I understand it needs a back boiler to any burner we buy.

Squirells have been mentioned and recommended by High Line at Iver..........thoughts please? As many different opinions as possible!

We would rather spend more money now for a better long term plan for the boat!

I personally don't think you can beat a squirrel, I've had 3 over the past 21 years on 3 different boats, not the prettiest of stoves although the new ones have been more prettified (if thats a word!)

If you decide to go for another type, I would recomend that you don't buy a fire that you have to open the fire door to get the ashtray out, much better to have seperate doors so you don't get smoke filling the cabin when you want to take the ashtray out, my partner bought one of the above a few weeks ago and really regrets it. hope this is helpful to you.