Minestrone

LadyG

Featured Posts

I have never managed minestrone until today, I had a few baked beans, some potato mash, turnip and carrot, lots of tomato puree, and pasta, its great!

I won`t eat the turnip and I"ll add green peas/beans and oregano, maybe parmesan

Edited by LadyG

• 1 month later...

2 tins of chopped toms; 1/2 finely chopped onion; 1 ltr Tom juice; 1 tin mixed beans in water; a good squirt of garlic toothpaste; an even better squirt of tomato purée; 1 veg bouillon cube; good pinch dried basil; good pinch dried oregano; 1/2 ltr water; couple of leaves of (relatively) finely chopped cabbage; couple of rashers of cooked unsmoked bacon - chopped (unless meats not your thing) and pasta, I like macaroni tubes, it makes it a nice meal.

all in a pan, save for the pasta, bring to the boil, allow to reduce, add the pasta, simmer till soft (or al dente if your posh). Correct seasoning and consistency (potato powder works well). Serve with lumps of bread.

Nice and easy and filling

Edited by Puma
Misspelling
  • Happy 1