Sprayfoaming

tomryangericks

Featured Posts

Hi everyone I have bought a 45 ft narrowboat and stripped it as it was in a bad way . My question is , I am now putting battens on prior to  sprayfoaming  anyone got pictures of what they did. Should I put in conduit  before sprayfoaming   And put the floor down  also   I would be grateful  for any help  

Stick your battens with a PU adhesive such as Sikaflex. Space them to suit the boards, probably 600mm or 400mm centres. You can put your conduit in first if you're sure where it should be. Otherwise, you can easily cut a groove in the foam later; PU foam doesn't rot cable insulation like polystyrene does. 

There's another thread on insulation that's just been reignited today:

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/09/2019 at 07:14, tomryangericks said:

Hi everyone I have bought a 45 ft narrowboat and stripped it as it was in a bad way . My question is , I am now putting battens on prior to  sprayfoaming  anyone got pictures of what they did. Should I put in conduit  before sprayfoaming   And put the floor down  also   I would be grateful  for any help  

Got any pictures? You should invite a narrowboat youtuber to film you. I would kill for a good narrowboat remodel youtube. 

3 hours ago, tomryangericks said:

hi there got loads of photos . maybe i should do video  where to start though

i have spaced at 400  and screwed to sides 

Just video and tell us what you are doing and post on youtube. Or invite one of the popular youtubers to film crusing the cut might be into it. And start a patreon. 

Edited by cksantos85