My Community Service?

sans allumette

Featured Posts

I’ve discovered something that might be relevant the canal world, so I thought I’d share it. Sort of my “Community Service” if you will.

The subject is mobile telephony. I’ve been with Giffgaff for several years and got used to not getting read receipts on SMS messages. At first, I thought it was my phone settings, but then found out that the ‘feature’ was not offered by Giffgaff, so forgot about it.

However, I’ve now discovered how to get read receipts for SMS sent through Giffgaff! Just start your message with *0# (star zero hash) and once the text reaches its destination, a receipt will come winging right back to you. Then, of course, you’ll have to send more SMS to explain why you added the three characters at the start of your message! ?

If I am the only one that didn’t know about this code that and all Giffgaff users on the forum knew already, do accept my apologies…

Edited by sans allumette
Added smiley - just in case.
  • Greenie 1