Boat Lane, Bleasby

Naughty Cal

Featured Posts

On 02/07/2019 at 17:05, Naughty Cal said:

We have been taking him on walks close to the horse fields where we live. He is slowly improving but not quickly enough for us to take the Bleasby mooring this year.

Not sure if you are still contemplating boat lane moorings, But i had a Princess 45 moored on there until i sold it.  And my son josh lived on a 365 in burton waters i think you might know him. Anyway when i bought the princess i couldn't find a mooring except for boat lane. I wasn't happy about being on the river and yes i got the occasional tree debris hitting the boat, But it was wider than most so prone to it. I was only going to moor there until a berth became available  in a marina initially. To be fair i found it personally much better than being in a marina. There's a great village pub 15 minutes walk away, Bromley arms 40 mins walk, And i found the locals in the nearby pub/village to be  a great bunch. 

• Greenie 1

On 14/04/2020 at 20:33, IMP998 said:

Not sure if you are still contemplating boat lane moorings, But i had a Princess 45 moored on there until i sold it.  And my son josh lived on a 365 in burton waters i think you might know him. Anyway when i bought the princess i couldn't find a mooring except for boat lane. I wasn't happy about being on the river and yes i got the occasional tree debris hitting the boat, But it was wider than most so prone to it. I was only going to moor there until a berth became available  in a marina initially. To be fair i found it personally much better than being in a marina. There's a great village pub 15 minutes walk away, Bromley arms 40 mins walk, And i found the locals in the nearby pub/village to be  a great bunch. 

Thanks for that.

We are still not sure where we are going to put the boat once it is back in the water.

Syd is getting better with horses, several of our local walks take him through stable yards so he is getting more acustomed to them so perhaps Bleasby could still be an option.

Yes we knew Josh, he used to moor a few boats up from us at Burton Waters.