Canal World is looking to recruit additional moderator(s) to join our team over next few weeks to work alongside the current team to replace members who have since retired from the role.
We are looking for existing members who visit the forum regularly and are able to give something back to the community.
The role requires good judgement, an understanding of the forum rules and guidelines and the ability to work as a team.
Moderators will join the current site staff in front-line voluntary work after a short introductory period.
Typical tasks include:
- Maintaining the forums content and promoting healthy discussion.
- Engaging with and assisting members with general and enquiries.
- Moving and merging duplicated topics and posts, removing spam, etc.
- Removing inappropriate content and exercise disciplinary action where appropriate.
- Escalating serious or repeat incidents to forum administrators.
We recognise that we have a user-base with a vast amount of knowledge and experience in all walks of life. As such, we're also interested to hear from users who may be interested in helping out in other areas of the site. - We're always open to ideas!
If you are interested and are able to contribute some of your time to help maintain our site, please contact us by clicking here. Please provide a short cover note outlining your interest for the role along with any experience, knowledge or skills you can offer.
Canal World is managed by DHutch and operated by a Team of Volunteers who kindly provide their time to help towards maintaining the site.
We are extremely grateful to those who help make Canal World what it is today for the benefit of its members and guests alike.