removing paint

Featured Posts

hello, wonder if any one can help, i have been busy putting layers of primer on some of our woodwork, doors, boat pole etc.

However as a novice painter and a messy one too i have managed to get grey/silver primer on surfaces that i dont want to paint. To be more precise i have painted one side of the doors but wanted to leave the other as the paintwork is ok and we have some nice castles and roses on them. My question is how do i remove some of the primer of the side that it wasnt supposed to be on without removing the paint underneath? I did manage to get some of hit off scraping with my thumbnail but this is a bit to difficult to do all areas i need! Guess i need to learn not to put too much paint on the brush next time. Hope someone can suggest something.help.gif

If you're lucky and the paint hasn't dried fully yet, some white spirit and a gentle rub with a sponge or one of those white non stick pan scourers might do it.

cheers, Pete.

~smpt~

That is how a guy removed sign writing from a van for me, except he used fine wire wool (with white spirit.) Very successful in that instance and worth a try on a discreet area.