installing eberspacher D5W (not hydronic)

musicman

Featured Posts

I am a new member to the forum - just found it through a Google search - brilliant idea.

I have a 45foot narrowboat which I started fitting out too long ago - the kind of project that never ends! Brilliant in Summer and Autumn when the weather's nice, but freezing in winter! Hence my purchase of an older Eberspacher last back end - working unit, but no instructions.

I've done some homework and realise that I probably need to fit a separate tank for white diesel and the plumbing presents no worries - I have a spare coil in my calorifier to heat the hot water and will run a flow and return for a couple of radiators.

But it's the installation of the heater that I need more info on - like electrics, exhaust and water connections. If anyone has done this beofre, then Iwould be garteful for some advice. There's plenty of room in my engine compartment - does any one have any photos of a working install or have a spare installation manual for sale? I can't believe that the only way to go is to get a registered fitter to do it - it has never been the way I have done things on the boat before and I don't intend to start now! :wacko:

Any info appreciated.

The DVD covers most bits - thanks very much.

Now all I need is info about the wiring to the D5W - the DVD covers the much newer kit with block connectors. Mine seems to have wiring in every conceivable direction!! :wacko: