eberspacher d5w problems

Featured Posts

Hi

we are relatively new boaters and seem to have a problem with our ancient central heating system. it's an eberspacher d5w system and when we turn on the switch nothing seems to happen, I've checked all connections, battery voltage is fine, combustion fan is free and water is flowing,We've replaced the glow plug and cleaned the magic eye. when you flick the switch you can hear the control unit click but nothing happens, has anyone got any ideas other than replacing the whole system?

wes

Hi

ours clogged its fuel strainer. I took it apart cleaned it and rebuilt. Unfortunately I dropped the spring from the fuel pump poppet valve. Whilst trying to restart it it exceeded it maximum number of retries.

Luckily I realised the problem when I stripped it again. Found the spring on the floor by searching for an hour with a magnet and rebuilt it properly.

I took iot to hilperton to have the lockout reset on their rig. It didn't cost much (can't remember how much). and now works fine.

The symptoms of a lock out are turn it on and nothing happens.

if you have the right type of timer for it, these can read the error codes (easily found on the net) and reset the lockout state.

Dave