Purdy Paintbrushes

Featured Posts

Some while ago Phil Speight recommended Purdy Paintbrushes for obtaining the best finish on Cabin Paintwork, so I went ahead and purchased a set. Unfortunately my recent medical problems prevented me from doing very much on the boat for some while, but today I broke one of the Purdy brushes out of it's box and used it to paint the top coat on a door panel I had prepared a year ago, ago and the finish is fantastic.

As soon as I started I could tell that the Purdy brush was far superior to anything I had ever used before, and the laying off properties were outstanding. I now have a painted door panel which is as smooth as glass, I now know how these boat painters produce such a pefect surface, so thanks to Phil for his excellent advice.

Some while ago Phil Speight recommended Purdy Paintbrushes for obtaining the best finish on Cabin Paintwork, so I went ahead and purchased a set. Unfortunately my recent medical problems prevented me from doing very much on the boat for some while, but today I broke one of the Purdy brushes out of it's box and used it to paint the top coat on a door panel I had prepared a year ago, ago and the finish is fantastic.

As soon as I started I could tell that the Purdy brush was far superior to anything I had ever used before, and the laying off properties were outstanding. I now have a painted door panel which is as smooth as glass, I now know how these boat painters produce such a pefect surface, so thanks to Phil for his excellent advice.

They are very good we got some from a carboot(I reckon the guy had nicked them from his works cause he had a load of a certain paint as well)they were dirt cheap compared to the list price so we had 10 in in the sizes he had.We also have the paint now we just need the energy to do it :P

Edited by romarni123

They are great brushes, but you must have prepared your doors to a good standard to get a good finish. Brushes are only a little part in the process. Ive just had mine stolen from a house I was about to decorate, along with the paper and paint. I would love to get them back.

We've repainted the whole boat, over a period and used Purdy brushes which are excellent but as has been said, they are only part of the means of getting a good finish. I think it is well to remember that preparation is everything. You won't improve a poor surface with a good brush but you could make a good surface worse with a poor one.

• Greenie 1