Deck Board in the North West

boots

Featured Posts

Hi,

I know that (cruiser) deck boards have been discussed to death, but my question is rather where can I get them from?

Looking for the 'phenolic ply' type (i.e. rubber coated plywood, or rather I think that is what it is). We live in the (west) Manchester area, and our boat (Liverpool Boat, cruiser) is near Nantwich (Swanley). I think the overall size is about 6' by 3'. Unfortunately, only have a car so can not collect an 8' x 4' sheet.

So far have only been able to find stockists of 'Exterior ply'.

Have seen suggestions for suppliers on this board, but they seem to be all 'South' of us.

Any suggestions?

cheers,

Martin

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I know that (cruiser) deck boards have been discussed to death, but my question is rather where can I get them from?

Looking for the 'phenolic ply' type (i.e. rubber coated plywood, or rather I think that is what it is). We live in the (west) Manchester area, and our boat (Liverpool Boat, cruiser) is near Nantwich (Swanley). I think the overall size is about 6' by 3'. Unfortunately, only have a car so can not collect an 8' x 4' sheet.

So far have only been able to find stockists of 'Exterior ply'.

Have seen suggestions for suppliers on this board, but they seem to be all 'South' of us.

Any suggestions?

cheers,

Martin

Potters in Nantwich sell two types of decking board, plus they sell various faced ply and blockboards

Potters in Nantwich sell two types of decking board, plus they sell various faced ply and blockboards

I had some Chinese decking ply from Beers in Warrington (also in Liverpool) about 3 years ago, it's proving that you get what you pay for. Cheaper and less durable than the 'real thing', but it did what was needed at the time. They do have a wall saw to cut to your size.

Tim