Our Day out in Stratford

Bullfrog

Featured Posts

Our Summer holiday trip to Stratford had to be curtailed when the incredible flooding of the Severn and Avon took place.

Instead we moored the boat at Wilmcote and took a bus-trip into the Town. In such haste to catch the bus I left my digi-cam on the boat so went Jessops and bought a disposable camera to shoot the attached pics. They might give you some idea what it was like.

pic5vu6.jpg

Alas poor Bancroft basin

pic4hw4.jpg

See how little air-draught under bridge arches

pic3an9.jpg

These gates aren't doing much

pic1nt9.jpg

Tow-path gossip says this NB escaped it's moorings - no-one aboard - drifted under bridge-hole, jammed, and then flood waters continued to rise until over gunnels at which point she sank, blocking exit to basin.

pic6sg5.jpg

Some folks determined to enjoy their day out no matter what the weather and conditions!

Our Summer holiday trip to Stratford had to be curtailed when the incredible flooding of the Severn and Avon took place.

Instead we moored the boat at Wilmcote and took a bus-trip into the Town. In such haste to catch the bus I left my digi-cam on the boat so went Jessops and bought a disposable camera to shoot the attached pics. They might give you some idea what it was like.

pic5vu6.jpg

Same place exactly a year ago...

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

Allan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bullfrog you just missed taking a picture of Gralyn in your first photo (was moored up a little more to the right). The water level at 7am was up to the bottom of the seats which made us decide to go home untill the water had gone down and the boat under the bridge removed. Did get back to the boat the following Wednesday (Think your Photos were taken on the Saturday morning just after we had waded to dry land and left stratford by train).

(Think your Photos were taken on the Saturday morning just after we had waded to dry land and left stratford by train).

Hi Graham - yes we were there on our bus-trip on Sat morning.

Would have been nice to meet up, but I'm glad we were warned off our final day's approach to Stratford by the folks at Wootton Wawen, otherwise we would have been trapped in Bancroft as well, and it didn't look very nice at all.

Glad you survived the experience safely - perhaps we will meet up somewhere else in the future!

Regards

David