Artizan Organics, Kinver.

allybsc

Featured Posts

I have just started selling my soap to the above farm shop, has anyone been?

I've never noticed it, do you know precisely where it is?

Will look out for it this weekend.

I've never noticed it, do you know precisely where it is?

Will look out for it this weekend.

Cheers,

Well the postal address is Dunsley Rock cottage, Gibraltar, if it is a new shop I may have posted the goods to their home adress tho', they said it was right on the canal. I'm moving house this tommorrow so I will be offline for a few days, I'll look out for any post you make when I get back on.

Well the postal address is Dunsley Rock cottage, Gibraltar, if it is a new shop I may have posted the goods to their home adress tho', they said it was right on the canal.

OK, I know where Gibraltar is, that's often struck me as a peculiar or quirky little street name, so that might put them somewhere canalside-ish near Wilsons, within spitting distance of Kinver Lock and Kinfare Bridge 29. Tarren might know.

Good luck with your move, will try to remember to post when we get back (away next week).

Yep, Tarren does know... well, a little bit...

Artisan Organics is a new business run by our neighbours next-door-but-one. The address you gave (Gibraltar, Kinver) is their home address, with their shop in Victoria Passage, Stourbridge town centre, and their warehouse (that supplies other shops and handles home deliveries) somewhere in Six Ashes.

Gibraltar is a funny road running parallel to the Staffordshire and Worcester Canal, from Kinver lock. It ends in a five-bar gate, beyond which our cars cannot go. Access to the three houses beyond is via a very narrow path along side the canal, about half a mile long.

As a result, all items of any weight or bulk have to be brought in by boat, and since we don't have gas, we all rely on coal deliveries being brought in by boat too. Apparently, the original parts of those three houses pre-date the building of the canal, and are now pretty much cut off by it.

Still, it makes things rather fun! :cheers:

Edited by Tarren

The address you gave (Gibraltar, Kinver) is their home address, with their shop in Victoria Passage, Stourbridge town centre

Cheers Tarren, I had a brief look outbound, and a much better look around on the return leg including cycling Gib and the High Street, and your post explains why I couldn't find anything. Victoria Passage is an interesting lttle street with some unusual little shops, so we'll go take a shufti sometime soon.

Victoria Passage is an interesting lttle street with some unusual little shops, so we'll go take a shufti sometime soon.

Hi Moley,

Sorry to have missed you on both occasions. I was probably working, or maybe just not paying attention! :unsure:

Next time, breast up to one of our boats and pop in for a drink or three. :cheers:

There are lots of interesting little shops in the side streets of Stourbridge. One of the more memorable is "Emily's Dangly Bits", which always makes me smile. It makes sense when you know it's a well known piercing parlour and purveyor of all manor of dangly jewelery.