Can You Prove It

Mad Mac

Featured Posts

Sorry if this has been asked before but How do you prove ownership and the right to sell. I own a sailing boat and I have the original sales invoice along with sales invoices to each new owner throughout its life, as much to prove VAT paid, as ownership.

I am concidering the change from sail to Canal Narrow boat but what proof do I request before handing over my hard earned money. B)

:captain:

As far as I'm aware, the situation is the same with inland waterways vessels as it is with yachts, except that more yachts bother to get full part 1 registration, which does provide clear title and a record of any liens on the vessel (marine mortgages, salvage claims, etc). In the absence of this, a full set of invoices back to the original builder is about the best you can do.

As far as I'm aware, the situation is the same with inland waterways vessels as it is with yachts, except that more yachts bother to get full part 1 registration, which does provide clear title and a record of any liens on the vessel (marine mortgages, salvage claims, etc). In the absence of this, a full set of invoices back to the original builder is about the best you can do.

Thanks for that Teadaemon. It does make sense but I wasnt sure if the same rule applied.

Thanks again