Great Gatsby

Shazza

Featured Posts

Great Gatsby is a plush-looking shiny widebeam that was advertised for sale on V C Marine's website for aaaaggggges. I looked longingly at the pictures many times when I was looking for a boat to buy, but the mooring's residential status was too flimsy for me to consider (plus the boat cost an awful lotta pennies ...)

Anyway, I have noticed that when boats come under offer then the website usually shows their status as being "under offer" for a while until, presumably, the deal is done. I noticed recently that Gatsby had just disappeared from the website, and I was wondering, very nosily!, if anyone happens to know if it has been sold, if it has been moved, if someone has taken the chance of living on it full time, if it has found its ideal owner who is living on it on a part-time basis ...

I am just interested to know Gatsby's destiny!

Ah, I've just found the thread where this boat was discussed a while ago!

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/lofiversi....php/t5710.html

I was surprised when reading that thread about the amount of negative comments, considering the impressive appearance of the boat, but can see now that such a vessel may have its drawbacks. I imagine that it's either in the hands of someone who really does know what they're doing with something of those proportions, or with someone who doesn't have a clue but just liked the look of it!

Hi Shazza,

Don't know the answer to your question, but she was moored on the sales pontoon at Thames and Kennet (about 50 yards from my boat). Not there any more so something has happened. Don't know what though.

You try calling the sales guys at Thames and Kennet Marina and they might know. I did have a look at her one day when they had an open day, inside was stunning but in my opinion the outside just looked wrong. To flat on top and had a back end like a bus.

Anyway, happy hunting. (sorry if I have offended the new owner!)

Richard