Alde heater. Immersion retrofit

sleigh

Featured Posts

I'm just in the process of replacing the circulation pump I my Alde 2923,

Looking through various parts catalogues, ive noticed there appears to be a 240v immersion option, has anyone any experience of retro fitting or have an Alde with one installed.

Thanks in advance

I'm just in the process of replacing the circulation pump I my Alde 2923,

Looking through various parts catalogues, ive noticed there appears to be a 240v immersion option, has anyone any experience of retro fitting or have an Alde with one installed.

Thanks in advance

Thought of doing the same thing some years ago,there is one available at an Eye watering price!

Something like 200 hundred pounds?

CT

Regarding your queries concerning the Electric Heater for use with Alde heating systems, the heater under discussion consists of a 230v electric heating cartridge which has the option of 1 or 2 kw operation. It is not, in the true sense of the word, an Immersion Heater. It also has a 230v circulation pump mounted on one end as an additional feature. It is supplied as a kit including a wiring harness and a separate room thermostat which has the 1 and 2 kw selection switch mounted on it. It is usually fitted to the back of the Alde marine Comfort boiler, models 2923/2928, but if space won't allow, it can be mounted either on the floor or on the bulkhead adjacent to the boiler. All that is required by way of a power supply is either a 13 amp socket or fused switched spur located within 1 metre of the location of the heater itself. It is ideal for providing central heating or low-level frost protection heating from a shore-side 230v hook-up, but it is not normally expected to be used to heat the domestic hot water, but that is not impossible. The possible downside to all this is the price of the kit, which currently stands at £390 + £78 VAT = £468. Further information can be provided, if required.