Help me, I'm cold!!

nb Stockton

Featured Posts

Hopefully someone on this forum is abit of a wizz with Eberspacher water heaters. If so I need alittle help as it is rather cold at the moment.

I brought an Eberspacher D5W off eBay about 2 years ago and fitted it to my narrowboat. It has given me 18 months trouble free use and has been excellent. I know that they get alot of stick for unreliability but this has been great. I believe it was taken from a Ford transit or similar as it comes fitted with a Ford fuse/relay box and a large Lucus silver box of tricks. I have changed the very simple timer for a nice Eberspacher 7 day time clock via a relay and that is brilliant and has been running for several months now.

Now comes the problem.

About 2 weeks ago I decided (perhaps against my better judgement) to move the boiler. Only about 1m, but it was a better and more accessible location and waould also be further away from my bed, therefore hopefully allowing my to sleep while being warm and not woken up at 5am in the morning.

I carefully disconnected the water connections, exhaust and diesel pipework and unplugged the multipin connector which connects the boiler to the main loom. I also disconnected the two spade terminals on the diesel pump. I moved the boiler, piped it back up, filled it with water last night, re-connected the exhaust, diesel pipes and fuel pump and finally re-connected the wiring loom. Pressed the start button full on anticipation and all I get is a brief click from the relays in the fuse box and the fan runs for less than a second.

Has anyone either experienced this before or have any ideas please?

I am not sure if it is tripping out because it can't detect something or what. In my head it is far too quick for that as I would assume it would start the fan and proove that, then the water pump and finally the diesel.

Please, if you can help I will be eternally grateful.

Thanks

Richard