Services on the BW map

Blue_skies

Featured Posts

I've been looking on the BW map. I've a few questions that someone here may be able to help me with (there doesn't seem to be a key or much guidence on the BW map). Forgive me if some of these sound stupid!

1) If the map says "Moorings (48 hours max)" at a certain spot but nothing else, how is this moorings useful? If there are moorings with no services (no pumpout / water etc), why is it any more useful that a random point at the side of the canal with a spike in the ground? I may be missing some point here.

2) If the map says "Moorings (max 1 hour, 20 metres)" does this imply there are services there that you can use but you cannot hang around? The icon I'm interested (on the map) doesn't indicate there are services apart from "Moorings" (when you click on it) and so doesn't seem to make sense.

3) If the map indicates a service point and this has has "Elsan" but not "pumpout" does this mean you can only manually dump waste?

4) If a services says "BW Key required" does this mean there needs to be a BW employee on site in order for you to access the toilets etc or does it mean you need to apply for a key?

I've been looking on the BW map. I've a few questions that someone here may be able to help me with (there doesn't seem to be a key or much guidence on the BW map). Forgive me if some of these sound stupid!

1) If the map says "Moorings (48 hours max)" at a certain spot but nothing else, how is this moorings useful? If there are moorings with no services (no pumpout / water etc), why is it any more useful that a random point at the side of the canal with a spike in the ground? I may be missing some point here.

The signs tend to be at 'recognised' mooring sites where BW have invested in mooring pontoons, rings, picnic benches or even where the mooring is a accepted safe haven on dodgy stretches of canal.

2) If the map says "Moorings (max 1 hour, 20 metres)" does this imply there are services there that you can use but you cannot hang around? The icon I'm interested (on the map) doesn't indicate there are services apart from "Moorings" (when you click on it) and so doesn't seem to make sense.

This is likely to mean there is a water point and or sani block.

3) If the map indicates a service point and this has has "Elsan" but not "pumpout" does this mean you can only manually dump waste?

Yes

4) If a services says "BW Key required" does this mean there needs to be a BW employee on site in order for you to access the toilets etc or does it mean you need to apply for a key?

No - buy the standard Yale key from BW offices (those that haven't closed !) or most chandlers.