What's The Score With Licences And Issuing Supposed To Be?

Sabcat

Featured Posts

I neither received a letter or an email, but my paper licences just turned up in the post before the old ones ran out! Result.

That's what used to happen every year for me.

Without paying?

Sadly not without paying, the direct debit would just start again automatically.

I renewed last week online, nice and smooth, no problems. I can't print out the square 'disks' though, no printer. If I can be bothered I might ring them to ask them to send 'discs'. There again I might not; the number plates on my boat should be sufficient for them to establish that I'm a licensed boat.

That's what used to happen every year for me.

Sadly not without paying, the direct debit would just start again automatically.

Oh well, that's the painful bit. Not done direct debit but presumably you still have to update your insurance and BSC (if it is up) details though.

I pay by DD over 12 months and have the hassle of having to write to CRT every year stating this fact as the renewal sent defaults on a 9 month period. I can't see why they can't check their records and automatically renew me on the 12 month as I have done for years. This is no problem for my insurance company.

Oh well, that's the painful bit. Not done direct debit but presumably you still have to update your insurance and BSC (if it is up) details though.

You'd think, but in 15 years it's been very ad hoc, I reckon I've been asked to update details no more than three or four times.

EDIT 2 Add: Thinking about it, that would coincide with BSC running out.

Edited by Sabcat

Ours is due next week, we didn't receive a reminder though.

OH renewed online; I printed out the 'discs' and treated myself to a cheap & cheerful laminator from ASDA, only £10 + £2 for 25 pouches.