Exeter Ship Canal

Captain Zim

Featured Posts

Hi

speaking to them today they stated that there is now a weight restriction on the canal. This is set at 15 tons. I asked whether they meant gross tonnage or displacement. I'm sure they must mean gross tonnage since otherwise they would be restricting it to all but fairly small vessels. But I haven't had a reply. Does anyone on here know? Ta

Hi

speaking to them today they stated that there is now a weight restriction on the canal. This is set at 15 tons. I asked whether they meant gross tonnage or displacement. I'm sure they must mean gross tonnage since otherwise they would be restricting it to all but fairly small vessels. But I haven't had a reply. Does anyone on here know? Ta

It doesn't amount to much of a boat either way, whether it's GT or displacement, Maybe they've heard about what's happening in Brum and they're worried about weak sections in the canal bed.rolleyes.gif

Just had a quick look at the Port of Exeter Fees and Charges and they are still talking about vessels under 15 GRT and also OVER 15 GRT.

There a couple of larger craft down there, including an ex MOD Fleet Tender which is in excess of 15mt by a long way!