c c

Featured Posts

Free Entry Canal Community Experience
Saturday 15th August 2015

9am to 11pm
The Locks Hillmorton, Rugby, CV21 4PP
175th ANNIVERSARY of MORTON FLIGHT DUPLICATE LOCKS 1840-2015
Entertainment For All

re-enactment of the narrowboat LAPLANDER coming through the locks, just as it did in 1840, live music over the decades, navvies folk songs, brass band, rock and pop, historic boats, canal theatre, classic vehicles, water rescue demonstration, dog show, boaters market, real ale bar, boaters banter.
Taster Events For All To Join In
boat-trips, roses&castles painting, lock working lessons, 7 mile walk, duck&swan care&feeding, fishing, keep-fit sports, canoeing, watercolour painting, horse display, bird/wildlife watching, photography, boat fender-making.

Sounds good, I'll try to get there, although I might be away cruising in August...

By co-incidence we were at Hillmorton Locks on Saturday, I had a couple of friends come up for the weekend but we couldn't get the boat out of Brinklow because of the high winds, so we drove down to Hillmorton Locks in the car because they wanted me to explain how a lock worked, we chatted to a really lovely lady who owns a pair of vintage working boats moored there, she even opened the stern doors on one so I could show my friends what a traditional boatman's cabin looked like. A lovely day!

Sounds good, I'll try to get there, although I might be away cruising in August...

By co-incidence we were at Hillmorton Locks on Saturday, I had a couple of friends come up for the weekend but we couldn't get the boat out of Brinklow because of the high winds, so we drove down to Hillmorton Locks in the car because they wanted me to explain how a lock worked, we chatted to a really lovely lady who owns a pair of vintage working boats moored there, she even opened the stern doors on one so I could show my friends what a traditional boatman's cabin looked like. A lovely day!

What a lovely post. And the lovely lady to whom you refer is the Lesley whose name signs off the original post above (and come to think of it - below) and is co-organiser of the event and proprietor of canalchef café.

She says to thank you.