Squirrel 1410 Smoke shield

Sarah and Ian

Featured Posts

Hello forgive the ignorance my previous boat had a squirrel with a back boiler. The new boat is a non back boiler setup. I have the baffle plate in situ. But their appears to be something attached above this near the flue. It looks like its attached with 4 bolts. I'm wondering what this and if it's the smoke shield can it be removed. Tried to peer at it through a open door but the fires on so can't get to close without losing my eyebrows.

Hi yes this is a restrictor. I have just taken mine off my squirrel after popping inti Midland chandlers asking them if I could. Apparently theyre for use in a house. My squirrel is performing 100% better since the removal. . Im made uo with it now.

This has been discussed before and Flo's post is correct, it can (should) be removed it is there to restrict the 'draw' of the chimney with a full length flue and chimney.

Our flues and chimneys are short so it is not needed.