Outboard Paint Code

benfordboy

Featured Posts

Not a normal question for here, but hoping that someone might be able to help.

Our Honda BF15 cowling is looking a little tatty - I have procured some new Decals from the US at a bargain price & now need to obtain the paint.

I believe Honda call it 'Oyster Silver' & there also may be a BMW colour close to it.

Does anyone know the code for this paint so I can avoid paying Hondas excessive costs !!!

Our Honda BF15 cowling is looking a little tatty - I have procured some new Decals from the US at a bargain price & now need to obtain the paint.

I believe Honda call it 'Oyster Silver' & there also may be a BMW colour close to it.

Does anyone know the code for this paint so I can avoid paying Hondas excessive costs !!!

Last time I got touch up paint for my Ford I went to halfords. They had loads of paint samples on cards etc. i suspect you could easily match it up and get the code.

Just a thought, many years ago when I was in the panel beating/spraying industry, one way we found to get close to a colour match on an old object requiring painting was to carefully remove any decals/badges/mouldings etc to see what the original colour was, then match as close to that as possible. You could try a good quality car spray shop to match it for you. Hope this helps.