Waxing Paintwork

mark99

Featured Posts

It's probably being overly pedantic but polishing is the process of removing some of the surface whereas waxing is adding a wax layer to it. There are also sealants which, obviously, seal the surface prior to waxing. Polishes are cutting agents (T Cut for example is a polish although it's one I'd never use) whereas carnauba wax is a wax. I think this confusion comes from domestic "polishes" where furniture polish, for example, is actually a wax and doesn't polish at all unless its a silicone "polish" of course which doesn't polish or wax but does shine!

If the very unlikely event anyone else obsesses about this subject as I do, take a look at "car detailing" in google.

Glad to see lots of people use Craftmaster wax - it was one of my introductions to the range and I was deeply impressed with it when I did trials on my two bright red cars ! That said there are other entirely suitable polishes out there. Modern car polishes , good as they are, are best avoided.Apart from their considerable silicon and polymer content they are expressly designed for modern automotive finishes. The paint on most canal boats is chemically softer than today`s car finishes and and there is a danger, usually a certainty, that the polish will integrate itself with the molecular structure of the paint. This can cause immense problems come touch-up or repaint time.

Incidentally, and please forgive me mentioning it again, Craftmaster Carnuaba Wax does not dry - so it can be buffed off immediately.