Dudley no 2

larry Teepot

Featured Posts

can anyone tell me what is happening with this canal .it used to run from Selly Oak Birmingham though to dudley...but i cant find out any thing about it...........I thank you

(ohh by the way the profile was a joke before any one gets to upset) :D

Edited by larry Teepot

can anyone tell me what is happening with this canal .it used to run from Selly Oak Birmingham though to dudley...but i cant find out any thing about it...........I thank you

Simply "Google" for

"Dudley No 2 Canal"

or

"Lapal Canal Trust"

or

"Lapal Canal Project"

There's loads on it on the net, (too much to list here).

But for a sampler, please try....

Link to Lapal Canal Project website

Best wishes

Alan

Edited by alan_fincher

There was the quote (in one of John Gagg's books I think) "...lappal tunnel is on the Dudley Canal and there are very few traces of it now..."

We're all still looking for it!!!

It was spelt either with one or two p's though the one is the more accepted version.

And what a majestic tunnel it was despite all its shortcomings!

I used to know a BW workman (based at Rotton Park depot) and he used to tell me about their exploits, right up until the end of the 70's, conducting regular inspection trips of the tunnel via an air shaft (I think it was the one just off Lapal Lane south I'm not sure) the task was to make sure the water was draining away properly from the tunnel.