Marina electric power

LankyStreak

Featured Posts

We leave our boat and car for up to four months whilst away in our camper and have never had a problem winter or summer

We get back in the UK in September now 4 weeks into our hols, batts fully charged and isolated

I would never want to leave the shore line connected if away from the boat for more than a day or so and always isolate the 12 volt systems when leaving the boat

ditto gas and water

Sh"t happens so I try and prevent

Ray

• Greenie 1

I'm guessing that there are problems for marinas with people saying "but I can't have used that much" about an unattended boat, also the risk of people tripping on or stealing other people's shore lines.

Many terms are there to limit liability rather than to be bloody minded.

I used to keep an Airlink isolation transformer on the bank at our previous mooring, where the boat stayed connected to the shoreline, and the marina was plenty happy with it. The Airlink transformers start at £180: the Airlink website is here (and I see they've reproduced the short article which I wrote for WW!).

I've not tried since we moved marinas, since we rarely use the shoreline now.