Original Engine?

Badger_1

Featured Posts

:) Anyone know if boat builders keep records of engines/gearboxes fitted to their boats from new?

I know that my boat (Peter Nichols build) had a second hand engine fitted 3 years ago due to probs with the original. The original mountings were cannibalised in order to make way for the larger engine.

The job is a little poor to say the least and I was wondering about the possibility of restoring the boat back with its original make engine/gearbox.

Would there be any way of finding out what engine/gearbox was originally installed?

:) Anyone know if boat builders keep records of engines/gearboxes fitted to their boats from new?

I know that my boat (Peter Nichols build) had a second hand engine fitted 3 years ago due to probs with the original. The original mountings were cannibalised in order to make way for the larger engine.

The job is a little poor to say the least and I was wondering about the possibility of restoring the boat back with its original make engine/gearbox.

Would there be any way of finding out what engine/gearbox was originally installed?

Have you tried asking Peter?

Tony :cheers:

One way if you fail to find written information is to look at the footprint of the engine and gearbox. The mountings for the engine will be unique to a particlular type and therefore you might be able to trace the type