Information Request.

Nick@tinkers-cove

Featured Posts

Hello everyone.

Hope all's well.

Just a quick question from a newbie...I could really do with the dimensions of narrowboat rear and side door panels (if indeed they are a standard size -not
sure if Trad / Semi Trad or Cruiser are different.)

I cut portraits and various other pieces from wood and I am currently in the process of working on my new range of 'Roses & Castles'.

Myself and my wife have planned to be 'canal bound' for many years, and a genuine passion of mine is to incorporate this theme into my work.

Basically I will be creating segmentation pieces based on the Roses & Castles theme.

If anyone could help, It would be much appreciated.
Just to be completely clear...this post is NOT a sales pitch and I'd simply love some size suggestions.

I have attached a few images of my work to give you an idea - (The 1st one is the same format as I plan to use).

Thank you for reading.

Kindest Regards,

Nick (Bridlington - East Riding of Yorkshire).

Nick

Welcome to the forum.

There is no 'standard size' though they will all be somewhere near the same.

Most if not all door decorating is done directly to the existing door/panel or the individual space is measured and the decorating panel cut to fit.

My builder built many boats but I do not think any of them had the same design for the woodwork.

Nick

Welcome to the forum.

There is no 'standard size' though they will all be somewhere near the same.

Most if not all door decorating is done directly to the existing door/panel or the individual space is measured and the decorating panel cut to fit.

My builder built many boats but I do not think any of them had the same design for the woodwork.

Hi Keith.

Thank you for your speedy reply.

That's most helpful. I'll gather as much info as possible and then probably work to a few sizes. I will probably also need to offer a bespoke service.

Thanks again (and for the warm welcome)

Regards,

Nick.