Is this a reasonable cost for a wet room?

Skeg

Featured Posts

Hi,

I've just had a quote for ripping out my old bathroom and replacing it with a wet room. The wetroom will have a shower and a small handbasin plus some storage space. Two old tiled bulkheads to come out, two new ones to go in, old shower and shower tray out and new one in. Old handbasin and cupboard out, new one in. Walls and ceiling reclad with PVC, new floor, new waste pump. Two new LED lights in ceiling. There's a fair bit of re-routing pipework involved.

The quote is £2,750. Is this reasonable?

Skeg

Edited by Skeg

It's a how-long is a piece of string kind of question really.

Does that include parts and fittings?

How many hours work have they indicated it to be?

Yes, includes parts and fittings. I'm waiting for a response to my asking them to break it down into parts and labour.

Cheers

Yes, includes parts and fittings. I'm waiting for a response to my asking them to break it down into parts and labour.

Cheers

Then it's very difficult to tell whether that's a good price or not.

The wall and ceiling covering for example can cost anywhere from £8 a sheet to £70 depending what they're using and the chosen finish.

On the very face of it (and I mean this very superficially), I would say this is on the expensive side, but like I saw, it's a finger in the wind idea.

There is a lot more prep and ground work involved in a wetroom than a standard dry room, but even still...