Bleeding Webasto Heater

Chasbo

Featured Posts

My Calorifier sprang a leak and I have replaced it. After a day spent getting the old one out (which involved much plumbing and dismantling of cupboards) and another day putting the boat back together I tried the central heating. The heater fired up but soon stopped. I am presuming that the Webasto heater needs to be bled to remove the air from the pipes. I think could do this by loosening and removing one of the hoses and quickly replacing it.

Is there a proper way of doing it?

CB

I niormally fit an auto bleed pot into the outlet hose on new installs and run only the water pump for a while, you could just pop off the outlet hose to get most of it out but more may well find its way from other areas. Always an issue with header tank installs, the headers are never high enough in narrowboats as they are tiny things (height wise). Bite the bullet and install a pressure vessel and filling loop system, you will not regret it, you can then bleed the system without even running the heater and the whole thing will be more efficient.

I niormally fit an auto bleed pot into the outlet hose

Do this. And make sure the outlet from the pump / heater runs up slightly to the auto vent.

Just done this to mine and it worked first fill with no extra bleeding required.

The 'old' way of running the pump with the outlet hose part off momentarily does work...but does also make a mess !

Good luck....

Andy