25 foot dawncraft

Billbo

Featured Posts

How to replace the long side window in dawn craft boat . Where can you buy one and how to do the job myself or get quote for someone to do the job. Can anyone help thanks.

when we broke the side window on our dawncraft we went to sainsburys hombase with a paper template and they cut it to size for us, i would imagine any window/glass place will do this for you.

How to replace the long side window in dawn craft boat . Where can you buy one and how to do the job myself or get quote for someone to do the job. Can anyone help thanks.

Actual window including frame, or glass?

Actual window including frame, or glass?

If this window consists of two panes of glass, one fixed and one sliding, then the whole frame has got to come out (sorry, but there's no other way). If the frame hasn't been taken out before, then it'll be rivetted in by about 60 pop rivets which all have to be drilled out. Both fixed and sliding panes have to be tempered (4 mm) so won't be cheap and can only be placed within the frame while it's off the boat. The frame has a tiny aluminium joining piece with two set screws on one vertical side and when this is carefully removed it's possible to spring the frame apart sufficient to put the new glass into place. The whole assembly complete with glass then has to be lifted into place and re-sealed and re-rivetted. If the window has been taken out before it could be that the fibreglass around the window is in poor condition and may not take the new rivets. If so, then brass nb&w's are a better bet with a 2 mm strip of aluminium used as a backing flange on all four edges.

• Greenie 1