Small shower bath.

Bowie

Featured Posts

Does anyone know where we could get a small shower bath in the midland area, we are a bit pushed for space so its got to be the smallest one poss! Even if its second hand, as long as in good order. We have 2 special needs children and a bath is very important. The boat has a large shower tray a mo but it is a cross over bathroom so we could just fit in a bath. Thanks!

Does anyone know where we could get a small shower bath in the midland area, we are a bit pushed for space so its got to be the smallest one poss! Even if its second hand, as long as in good order. We have 2 special needs children and a bath is very important. The boat has a large shower tray a mo but it is a cross over bathroom so we could just fit in a bath. Thanks!

Tried B&Q ? They have a sale at the moment. I suspect that what you want will have to be ordered anyway.

Does anyone know where we could get a small shower bath in the midland area, we are a bit pushed for space so its got to be the smallest one poss!

Got ours from Limekiln at Compton on the Staffs & Worcs.

4ft x 2ft and about 1ft deep. Makes a ‘plenty-of-room’ shower tray for us but because it's quite shallow the kids aren't tempted to fill it too high (water being in limited supply).

I think it cost £115 and comes in white or cream. They have sensibly priced tap sets too.

Bowie wrote,

We have 2 special needs children and a bath is very important.

Don't want to appear to be delving here Bowie. But, if this means some kind of physical problem, the baths with the built in seat are much easier to get in and out of as you can use the seat as a step. They are a bit wider though at about 27" inches. I got one of these from Midland but I would think any chandlers would have them. I seem to recall they were around the £180 mark.

It's also worth asking at a builders or plumbers merchant for small baths. They may have to order them, but they will probably be cheaper.

Thanks for your help everyone, the boys are autistic so shape of bath not a problem, they get very anxious at times and use it to calm down. Ive tried Midland chandlers but baths a bit too big.There is a corner shower tray in at mo which is just deep enough for them to get in, if I could have got a hip bath that size it would have been better, but I guess its too smaller area.

Thanks for your help everyone, the boys are autistic so shape of bath not a problem, they get very anxious at times and use it to calm down. Ive tried Midland chandlers but baths a bit too big.There is a corner shower tray in at mo which is just deep enough for them to get in, if I could have got a hip bath that size it would have been better, but I guess its too smaller area.

They will grow out of their autism eventually. I suggest that you make a wet room.

They will grow out of their autism eventually. I suggest that you make a wet room.

Thanks Yoda, but you dont grow out of autism, you are autistic for life, our eldest son will never be independant. This is why we went back to boating they love the pace of life on the cut, wild life and they both fish, there are few things they can cope with but the boat is great for them and us.

Any way back on the subject, still carnt find a bath small enough but thanks for your help everyone, we will mannage with what weve got. :captain: