Cold Shower

rudefuss

Featured Posts

howdy, I have fitted an surecal calorifier (next to the engine house)and everything works well(after having to change the o ring in the immersion boss) apart from when i have a shower(mixer tap type), I get hot water untill the pump (situated next to the cold water tank) kicks in then i get luke warm water for about 1 min then hot then just luke warm. have I missed something or do i need to fiddle with some part or other. The whole system is driven by a jabsco auto pump par max1.9gpm (7lpm).Any advice is much appreciated

ta ,rudefuss

Hi grace n favour thanks for your quick reply,sorry for my slow one, yes the shower is thermo control type.I take it that is the pump volume is the power of the pump (gpm). In other words, i need a bigger pump ( could you recommend a size?)

Hi grace n favour thanks for your quick reply,sorry for my slow one, yes the shower is thermo control type.I take it that is the pump volume is the power of the pump (gpm). In other words, i need a bigger pump ( could you recommend a size?)

IF the problem is that your pump provides too low a flow for the mixer taps, (and there may be other explanations) - I should first ask "what have you changed in your set-up recently?

Are they new mixer taps? Did the pump power the previous taps OK?

Or is it a new pump, (did the previous pump manage OK?)

If you fitted new taps, there should be information with the fitting instructions regarding their required flow-rate - - (normally expressed as xxlitre per min). - If their minimum requirement is over 7l per min, then maybe you should consider either changing taps, or uprating the pump.

A pump oft recommended on this forum is the Jabsco ParMax4 - though there are others.

However, please await for responses from some of our plumbing experts before you dash out and spend +£100, just in case it's a simple problem that hasn't occurred to me......

IF the problem is that your pump provides too low a flow for the mixer taps, (and there may be other explanations) - I should first ask "what have you changed in your set-up recently?

I think the answer to that is in the OP... "howdy, I have fitted an surecal calorifier" :)

I very much doubt this is a pump issue. Hard to advise without more background info, like answer to the following:

1) Is this a fresh new cauliflower installation or a replacement for an old, busted one?

2) Is this a new shower installation or a replacement for an old, busted one?

3) Did the shower work properly prior to the new cauliflower being installed?

4) What was the previous hot water source?

5) Does the water pump have an accumulator? If you what size?

6) Are you CERTAIN you have connected the hot and cold supplies to the thermostatic shower mixer the correct way around?

7) How did you check 6)

MtB

I think the answer to that is in the OP... "howdy, I have fitted an surecal calorifier" smile.png

I very much doubt this is a pump issue. Hard to advise without more background info, like answer to the following:

1) Is this a fresh new cauliflower installation or a replacement for an old, busted one?

2) Is this a new shower installation or a replacement for an old, busted one?

3) Did the shower work properly prior to the new cauliflower being installed?

4) What was the previous hot water source?

5) Does the water pump have an accumulator? If you what size?

6) Are you CERTAIN you have connected the hot and cold supplies to the thermostatic shower mixer the correct way around?

7) How did you check 6)

MtB

I knew there'd be the eggspurt along eventually ;)

ok thanks guys.Ill need to go to tool station to see the shower specs and the whole system is brand new so no changes,hope this helps

1)new cauliflower

2)new shower

3)everything installed at the same time

4)no previous, first install

5)no, 0

6)yup, yup, and yup

7)shower had instructions,the mixer bar has H and C stickers on the inputs, initially in my haste i connected it the wrong way and had hot cold hot cold water till i realized it was the wrong way round

cheers,rudefuss

Edited by rudefuss

• 2 months later...