Recommended Surveyors in the Midlands (Great Haywood Marina)

Featured Posts

Hello folks!

I've been looking at these surveyors for y survey:

Stephen Hands
Michael Clarke
Peter Tindall
Ricky Tropman
Jonathan Leask
Iain Jones

Any experience with them? Any other recommendations for the midlands?

What can I expect from the survey? How long should it take? And cost for a 40 feet boat?

Thanks a lot!

Mattes

I'll second Steve Hands. Used him for a survey and found him very professional and a good detailed survey, although no photos. Would use him again definately, but bear in mind anything that can't be undone by hand without tools isn't inspected by any surveyor.

Jamescheers.gif

Hello folks!

I've been looking at these surveyors for y survey:

Stephen Hands
Michael Clarke
Peter Tindall
Ricky Tropman
Jonathan Leask
Iain Jones

Any experience with them? Any other recommendations for the midlands?

What can I expect from the survey? How long should it take? And cost for a 40 feet boat?

Thanks a lot!

Mattes

Ask (each of) the surveyors how much they charge for a 40' boat!

• 2 weeks later...

Have used Steve Hands for RCD certification so no price comparison available. Always on hand (pardon the pun) to provide extra advice as well without racking up further expense. Explains what he is doing clearly. Based at Sawley Marina and very well thought of.

Steve Hand from handson marina !!! Top bloke - he did a very thorough survey on our Springer, professional report and provided hull photos on disc as well . He was so knowledgable and happy to answer all sorts of questions about our boat ad besides he's a really nice guy and reasonably priced. I would recommend him any day.

I'll second Steve Hands. Used him for a survey and found him very professional and a good detailed survey, although no photos. Would use him again definately, but bear in mind anything that can't be undone by hand without tools isn't inspected by any surveyor.

Jamescheers.gif

I must confirm that I have found the disk with 54 detailed photos of the hull, interior, engine etc. First time I had seen it, as I received the preliminary survey as a PDF attatchement in an email and the actual written survey report to my care of address with the disk. I have just dug out the survey report and there is the disk with photosblush.png

Jamescheers.gif