Farmers field/CRT Moorings on Shropshire Union

BeninReading

Featured Posts

Evening all,

I don't know if anyone can help, but I am looking for a 62' mooring on the Shropshire Union Canal. I am looking at the Shropshire Union Canal (Middlewich Branch) and anything South of Barbridge Junction. I am after something rural; either a farmers field or a CRT mooring where you have to bid for then. I am about to cruise the canal so any recommendations on good spots would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Ben

Henhull moorings (do you own a rowing boat too??)

Nantwich Marina

Barbridge (Midway boats)

online stuff at Nantwich

some online moorings at Audlem (towards the bottom of the locks)

don't really know much further south than this

on the Middlewich branch:

Venetian Marina (I know its not online as such, but its fairly cheap and rural)

Stoke Lane

beyond Church Minshull there is a farmer's online (offside) mooring, I can't remember its name though I might have contact details

Can't think of any others off the top of my head, no doubt others will

It would be a dream of mine to have a farmers' field mooring. I've had a look at Overwater marina near Audlem on the SUC and unlike many marinas I've seen, it is very spacious looking and tranquil. Just a thought, but of course this comes at a price. Most marinas to me are very off putting but credit to the owners of Overwater!

I dont wish to "jump the Queue" but I would also be interested in the farmers mooring near Church Minshull. My boats only 27ft so I dont think I will be in competition with the original poster.

We went past this mooring yesterday, unfortunately I think its now full - it looked full, and the telephone number contact details which were on a board on a tree is no longer there. Its quite far along the Middlewich branch (towards the Middlewich end of the canal)