Impressed with boater today

Dignity

Featured Posts

Just to counter balance Dean' thread.Today in very difficult windy conditions,we happened upon a boat grounded on the bywater at Beeston iron lock.Together with the crew of the boat behind and the householders at the lock,and a guy out walking his dog,we all mucked in and pulled it off,great team work and a willingness to help.Luckily I had aboard a 50ft length of rope,which I stored aboard after reading this forum.Upon getting back to the marina,I found dents in the bonnet of my car,caused by the plastic waste bin blowing into my vehicle and the bin lid whipping over onto it.One of the moorers kindly thought to take some photos to help with my claim (fat chance).Boaters what a lovely bunch.

• Greenie 1

Good team work at Iron lock!

I've had problems there in the past with bywash + wind...the horrible sound of hull on concrete and pilings will haunt me for a while yet lol .

Its great when people muck in to help others, and it does seem to happen more with boaty types.

That's one of the pleasures of belonging to such a community...

Bad news about your car though :'(. Hope you get it fixed up ok.

Andy...