eggbridge old hire boats..

sammy60

Featured Posts

Hi there,l am new on this site so please forgive me if l mess up :) .

l would just like to know if anyone on here can remember the old fiberglass hire boats at eggbridge in waverton near chester, as l still have one and would just like to know if anyone else still as one or know's where there is one....

Edited by sammy60

• 2 months later...

Hi there,l am new on this site so please forgive me if l mess up :) .

l would just like to know if anyone on here can remember the old fiberglass hire boats at eggbridge in waverton near chester, as l still have one and would just like to know if anyone else still as one or know's where there is one....

Hi what a coincidence these boats were built by a chap called Sam Weaver at his base in waverton...Three were built,the waverton,the rowton moor and your boat the cambrian.Not a clue what happened to the other two but last time i saw yours it was in middlewich and owned by a mr and mrs lowe..An old friend of mine worked on these on turnround days,he may have some pics

• Greenie 1

There was a Rowton Moor on the Macclesfield Canal at Bollington for several years. The house whwre it moored was sold and I have only seen it once since then. Could be with the the boat (NCCC) club on High Lane now?

• 4 months later...

Hi what a coincidence these boats were built by a chap called Sam Weaver at his base in waverton...Three were built,the waverton,the rowton moor and your boat the cambrian.Not a clue what happened to the other two but last time i saw yours it was in middlewich and owned by a mr and mrs lowe..An old friend of mine worked on these on turnround days,he may have some pics

Hi Bill, sorry for the delay in replying but every time I checked this site there was no comments left.. yes bill that was my mam and dad who had the boat in middlewich , l bought it off them when it got to much for them to look after it and when the new law came in that you had to have a boat safety certificate that was it for my dad and mam , to much red tape..frusty.gif the boat is still moored in the same berth at middlewich (kings lock) l will try and put a photo of the boat on here . if you want to give me a call on 07939853847 (chris) I am . it would be nice to chat about how you knew my dad and mam .

my mam and dad had the waverton for a bit as well before they part ex it for the Cambrian, father did not like the waverton because of it having a outboard engine on it and didn't like the petrol price's ....lol what he would say today if he was still with us :-( about the cost of petrol would not be aloud to post on here ... lol

Edited by sammy60

Surprised that no one has replied.

I did see on here someold photos somewere with pictures of someone trip on a cruiser from egg bridge

hi there, have you come across the pictures on here yet ? regards

There was a Rowton Moor on the Macclesfield Canal at Bollington for several years. The house whwre it moored was sold and I have only seen it once since then. Could be with the the boat (NCCC) club on High Lane now?

Hi there, would you know if the Rowton moor is still moored at the (NCCC) or have you a contact number for the NCCC so l may give them a call to check it out .

kind regars..cheers.gif

Edited by sammy60