Eberspacher controller resetting

Tobymonster

Featured Posts

Hi all. The controller of my eber has locked up with the fault code of F50 - (too many unsuccessful starts). I have the instructions for the 7 day timer in front of me that has an unlocking proceedure for that particular model, but has slightly different buttons (clock symbol) to that of mine.

My control unit has the digital display, square in shape and has 6 wires exiting from it, although only 4 go to the plug. I know what these are, power (+&-), control and diagnostics, but the other two are cut short. One is grey/red (lighting dimmer?) and a rouge white one. Is this white one the 12v feed that is used to reset the unit? I don't want to fry an expensive unit and if its best I will go a st(d)ealer. However if its as simple as what it says for the 7 day unit then I would be loathed to take it to someone else.

Appologies for the lack of pixs, I will try and post some, but I'm bankside and doing this on my mobile!

Cheers in advance, TM.

Yes it does and these are ones that Ive also have. The trouble is that my controller does not have the 'clock' symbol, instead has a triangle with two chevrons above it, and is the set/programme key according to my units instructions.

Now, the 7 day timer instructions also call the clock symbol the timer set button, so question is, do these buttons which have different markings do the same thing? If so all I've got to do is grow some minerals and follow the 7 day timer reset proceedure! I suppose there is only one way to find out unless some else knows for sure?

Thanks for the helpful replys. Now that im at home with access to a proper 'puter this is my control unit.

DSC_0057.JPG

Does anyone know what the (cut)short white wire does?

Hi, I don't think your model of timer has the function to unlock the ecu.

cheers.gif

A

I understood that its the controller which locks up, not the ecu in the Eberspacher. This means it should be possible to reset the controller away from the boat. Or have I got it completely wrong - ECU resets controller?