Diglis dimensions

itinerant baker

Featured Posts

Not sure if this is in the right section so Mods feel free to move it if it isn't.

Does anyone know the max lengths to get through Diglis locks at Worcester? I've seen them somewhere on the internet but can't find them now (only for Bevere lock). I expect there'll be someone on here who knows.

I'm looking for a barge, and want to know the max length I could get up to Worcester. OK, that assumes I'ld get a mooring there, but I see no point assuming the worst at this early stage as it would only narrow my options. Similarly, I don't necesarily want a stupidly long boat, but if I found one at the right pice it wouldn't put me off - unless I couldn't get it to go where I wanted it to....

River Severn

Gloucester to Worcester Maximum Length 135 feet Maximum Beam 22 feet Headroom 23 feet 6 inches

Worcester to Stourport Maximum Length 89 feet Maximum beam 18 feet 11 inches Headroom 20 feet

Unless you are going for some ex sea going craft cannot see you will have any problems and even then the odd coaster used to get up to Worcester . The largest craft to use it now is the HotelBoat Oliver Cromwell - I think its one of the biggest if not the biggest vessel on any inland waters in this country - also ireverently known as "The Block of Flats"

Richard (Onetime Diglis River Locks keeper )