dontpanic

Featured Posts

Hi Boaties,

Life is good living on the water but a problem I haven't found a solution to is receiving mail/post, without involving other people, and/or it being sent from pillar to post.

I have a mooring which is not to be used as a postal address but live 10 mins away from a depot and a post office. I have run out of restante time with the post office, I was wondering if anyone had been given some arrangement with a depot that allows them to open up a box without having a residential address in the area.

I would like to hear from others what solution they have found.

Hope to hear from you

Hi Boaties,

Life is good living on the water but a problem I haven't found a solution to is receiving mail/post, without involving other people, and/or it being sent from pillar to post.

I have a mooring which is not to be used as a postal address but live 10 mins away from a depot and a post office. I have run out of restante time with the post office, I was wondering if anyone had been given some arrangement with a depot that allows them to open up a box without having a residential address in the area.

I would like to hear from others what solution they have found.

Hope to hear from you

Have you looked for a 'Box No' service in your area? - -

or what do your fellow boaters(neighbours) do - have you asked them?

Having been involved with the postal system for more than 30 years and now providing mail forwarding services for boaters I fully sympathise with your situation

If you go back to the Post Office where you had Poste Restante, can you not talk through with the owner of the shop to the effect that if you can receive your post there, you will be reguarly coming into the store to buy things

You will have the issue that government (driving licence) and banks will not normally accept a Poste Restante so you will need a street address for your mail - will friends hold your mail and you collect at sometime? If you have friends locally, you will be able to set up a Royal Mail PO Box by using their address (expensive and going up again in price) - you need a street address to set up a PO Box

Royal Mail Delivery Offices do not accept mail for collection without having an associated street address in the delivery area

You should be able to reduce your mail volume by moving most items on-line. If you use a mail forwarder, you will find that some of them do not charge a monthly fee asking you pay by item