Solar charging of batteries

Featured Posts

Hey I have an old narrowboat with 12v and don't want to get an inverter etc. I'm looking at getting another two batteries which will give me four. And then get solar panelling sufficient to charge them. Does anyone have any ideas about where best to look. Or in fact someone has actually done this?

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=43603 Read this thread, download (it's free!) the linked book and read it. Get the battery size right for the load and the charging (sunny) periods and cells calculated to provide sufficient power to recharge te batteries and you are sorted.

Refer back to the VIctron book ofeten and START with an energy audit, work out what you need and where it is coming from and when it will be recharged.

Several people on here live off solar in the summer and get a lot of help from solar in the other seasons.

• 3 weeks later...