Passage through Stoke???

Nose Miner

Featured Posts

Hi all.

I've been planning to make my way up and through Stoke from Fradley over the next few weeks. I've planned for the stoppages at Meaford and Johnsons lock, but I've just been told by another boater that there is a closure at Etruria from now until January. I can find nothing on the waterscape website or on the planned closure list and I've had none of the usual emails about an emergency stoppage.

Have I been given duff information? Can anyone confirm what is going on up there in Stoke?

Ian

Hi all.

I've been planning to make my way up and through Stoke from Fradley over the next few weeks. I've planned for the stoppages at Meaford and Johnsons lock, but I've just been told by another boater that there is a closure at Etruria from now until January. I can find nothing on the waterscape website or on the planned closure list and I've had none of the usual emails about an emergency stoppage.

Have I been given duff information? Can anyone confirm what is going on up there in Stoke?

Ian

I suspect you have been fed duff info. - I've searched the stoppage emails and the winter stoppages and can only see the two you refer to.

Why not ring BW at Red Bull in the morning so you get a local view answer ?

I am planning to do that, but I was hoping that, in the meantime, someone else on here might already have established the facts.

Edited by Nose Miner

Hi coming from the south, lock 34 Meaford due to close 05/12 to 21/12/11 lock 32 Meaford 21/11to 09/12/11 and lock 39 stoke flight 07/11 to 25/11/11. these are in west midlands area so contact Fazley office for the gen. Harecastle tunnel on winter hours so need to book 48 hrs notice for passage on Mondays, Wednesday, Friday and Saturdays. Red bull office for tunnel bookings.

HTH

Paul M

Why not ring BW at Red Bull in the morning so you get a local view answer ?

Although Red Bull is the nearest BW office, it is the office for the Manchester and Pennine area, and doesn't cover Stoke, so you might not get the required information!

Better to contact Fazeley (telephone: 01827 252000).