Fireboard

Supertramp

Featured Posts

Everyone seems to agree that fireboard is the right medium to put behind stoves, but it's not the easiest thing to get at a 'reasonable' price?

Do any DIY stores stock it so I can simply go and buy a sheet, or is it all internet online ordering.

My stove is a good 15cm away from any walls, could I use an alternative 'cheaper' option, (forgetting the 'advisory' future rules for a moment and just using good old common sense)

What happened to Asbestolux?

Thanks guys, - had a look at Wickes, looks good stuff, the Jewsons website isnt showing me the fireboards, (or I'm looking in the wrong place) so a trip to their local branch is in order. - I must admit the 6mm one mentioned sounds right for me.

Tony

Edited by Supertramp

Jewson's website is pretty naff, most of the stuff they stock just isn't there. A wander into one of their yards is quite an eye opener, and the staff know what's what, both of which are more than can be said for Wickes these days.

It might be worth looking at Travis Perkins (Wickes parent company), like Jewson's their website is naff, but their product range and product knowledge is extensive.